Terms and conditions of sale and use of the Your Accompanist website.
Anyone using any of YourAccompanist MP3 files (including our free downloads and gifts) accepts the following Terms and Conditions.
- User licence:
Your Accompanist mp3 products must be legitimately purchased from the Your Accompanist website.
Your Accompanist mp3 downloads are intended for personal rehearsal use by the purchaser only. They are DRM free and may be uploaded to any number of the purchaser's own personal devices.
You may not resell, redistribute, publish or share the tracks or edit them without permission. Nor may you remove the embedded Your Accompanist logo. Any attempt to remove the logo will be treated as your intention to present the recordings as your own work.
The tracks may not be redistributed via the internet, an intranet, file sharing, social networks, email or any other method.
Voice teachers: If you are a voice teacher (or you teach music or voice in an educational institution), you may use the tracks freely in your class or tutorial lessons, but you are not at liberty to pass on the tracks to your students (in any format) unless you have purchased a licence from us to permit this. Nor are you allowed to embed them in your or your website for follow-up lessons or listening exercises. Redistribution licences are tailor-made to your needs and we make every effort to keep them affordable for you and your students.
Please contact us for more information about institution licencing. (You may however, share any music teacher discount codes that you have to allow your students to legitimately purchase tracks for their own use).
The contents of Your Accompanist mp3 downloads are not to be regarded as anything other than Your Accompanist's own interpretations. Your Accompanist cannot be held responsible for their subsequent use in preparation for any event, exam or audition.
- Resale: Your Accompanist tracks may not be resold under any circumstances.
- Non-commercial performance: Your Accompanist mp3 downloads are not intended for public performance but for rehearsal only. However, if the work is in the public domain, the accompaniment track may be used for charitable or not-for-profit public performance (eg in schools, care homes, or auditions) without seeking permission. If you are involved in something worthy or interesting, please do let us know. Accompaniment tracks of any non-public domain music (identified by a P in the catalogue number) are for personal practice only and must not be used for any other purpose.
- Commercial performance: Permission must be sought for any and all commercial uses of Your Accompanist accompaniment tracks (public domain material only). To obtain our express permission for use in communication of the works to the public and making the works available to the public, including but not limited to commercial public performance, commercial production, broadcast, hold music, or on a website, please email us at
- Non-commercial recordings: You may record yourself using Your Accompanist rehearsal tracks for the purpose of assessing your progress in preparing to perform a song (public domain material only). You may also make personal private recordings of yourself singing to share with friends and family. If you wish to make recordings using our tracks for charity fund-raisng purposes, please contact us for further permission.
Our tracks may be used in recordings made by singers for the purposes of personal promotion including singing portfolios, publicity websites and show-reels, providing that a full attribution is given to YourAccompanist including a link to http://www.youraccompanist.com.
You may make private video recordings using Your Accompanist tracks for uploading to YouTube providing that a full attribution is given to YourAccompanist including a link to http://www.youraccompanist.com in the description of the video, and that the person uploading the video becomes our 'Friend' in the YouTube network (see http://www.youtube.com/youraccompanist).
Other online video sites
You may make private video recordings using Your Accompanist tracks for uploading to online video sharing sites providing that a full attribution is given to YourAccompanist including a link to http://www.youraccompanist.com in the description of the video.
Use of Your Accompanist recordings (including free-to-download resources e.g.scales) on any other website (commercial or non-commercial) is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Commercial recordings: No commercial recording for resale using any of these mp3 downloads can be made without first contacting Your Accompanist who reserve the right to refuse permission. To obtain our express permission for any and every use, including sampling, please email us at
. If granted, acknowledgement of Your Accompanist must be made.
- Responsibility: Your Accompanist cannot be held responsible in any way for any subsequent use or misuse of the mp3 downloads.
- Copyright: All the copyrighted content and or content subject to trademarks, trade names, such as logos, company name, images, graphics, icons and symbols on the Your Accompanist website and associated microsites, are Your Accompanist's own intellectual property and cannot be registered, in part or as whole, and may not be used without the explicit authorisation of Your Accompanist.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions: Your Accompanist reserves the right to change the terms and conditions to be in compliance with the Intellectual property laws; and technological, financial and economic requirements in order to serve a better protection for the rights owners.
Please procure any printed music from legitimate sources and do not photocopy any printed music illegally.
If you are using Your Accompanist tracks for performance purposes, please make sure that your venue complies with local regulations for public performances of any rights protected material.
As far as Your Accompanist is aware, no material on this site infringes copyright in any way. If notified by rightsholders of any inadvertent infringement, Your Accompanist will withdraw the material in question from the site immediately.
Please note that whilst all our files have been tested in standard media players, we can make no warranty about their compatibility with every proprietary audio software. We recommend that customers check to make sure the tracks are suitable for their playback equipment before purchasing in quantity.
We cannot make refunds on purchases because of the non-returnable nature of downloadable material. Please make sure that you have the correct key and tempo from the product description and the audio sample provided to confirm its suitability before buying any track.
Please accept these terms and conditions before you proceed to download. Any infringement of these terms and conditions may lead to us exercising our right to take legal action.
©www.youraccompanist.com 2007 (last updated September 2016)